Before you proceed, please prepare this following:
- Flare x phone must be in android KitKat version.
- Charged battery not below 50% or better plug it to be sure.
- SD card preferable 8GB in size and must be formatted.
- MicroUSB cable and Computer with internet connection.
Follow the following:
- Download Flare x Android Lollipop 5.1 (930MB size).
- Insert your pre-formatted SD card to your flare x.
- Copy the .zip file from your computer to your SD card, use MicroUSB cable.
- Do not unzip the file, just copy it from computer to your device.
- Be sure that is the only file shown on your SD card upon formatting.
- Turn off the device.
- When its totally off, press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME, then wait for 5 seconds or so until it will provide select boot mode option
- Press VOLUME UP to scroll up and down and VOLUME DOWN to confirm.
- Select RECOVERY then the android with exclamation point will appear.
- Press VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON to proceed.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to scroll again and VOLUME UP to confirm, this time choose update from SD CARD.
- Use again the VOLUME DOWN to choose the unzip file the VOLUME UP to confirm it.
- It will now install the Android Lollipop version to your system, just be patience and wait until its done.
- Once its done, you'll be notify with "install SD card completed" below screen.
- You'll be given an option to reboot the cherry mobile flare x, after the reboot you may now enjoy the latest Android version.